Cayman Airways Customer Service Plan
Effective 23 August 2011
Cayman Airways strives to ensure that when next we have the pleasure of serving you to the best of our abilities, all aspects of your experience will be to your satisfaction. The safety and security of our passengers are our primary concerns, and we are dedicated to providing a positive travelling experience.
This Customer Service Plan applies to all international itineraries to or from the USA, and includes:
Offering the lowest fare available
We will offer on Caymanairways.com, on our telephone reservation system, at airport ticket counters, and at city ticket offices the lowest published fare for which you are eligible for the date, flight, and class of service requested. Our representatives, upon request, will identify money-saving alternative itineraries if your travel schedule is flexible.
Allowing Reservations to be placed on Hold or cancelled without Penalty up to 24hrs after the reservation is made.
Providing the reservation is made 7 or more days prior to a flight's departure date, Cayman Airways will allow reservations the be held at the quoted fare without payment for up to 24hrs (excluding web bookings), or if purchased, refunded without penalty up to 24hrs after the reservation is made. The refunds process may be initiated by calling Reservations Sales Toll free at 1-800-GCAYMAN(within the US and Canada) or 345-949-2311.
Notifying consumers of known delays, cancellations, and diversions
We will provide full and timely information on the status of known delays of 30 minutes or more, cancellations, and diversions within 30 minutes of our becoming aware of a change in the status of a flight by:
· Providing flight status information via a toll-free telephone number 1-800-422-7626 (within the US) or 345-949-2311 and on Caymanairways.com flight status.
· Providing, through our gate agents and flight crews, consistent timely updates on the status and causes of delayed, cancelled, or diverted flights.
· Contacting you about cancellations when the event is known more than three hours before departure, if you provide us with contact information in your reservation.
Delivering baggage on time
It is our intention to deliver your baggage on time. However, in the event that this does not occur, every reasonable effort will be made to return your misplaced baggage within 24 hours. Notify a Cayman Airways employee at the airport if you cannot locate your baggage. To check on the progress of your bag search, call the baggage dept at 345 743-8386.
We will attempt to contact owners of unclaimed baggage when a name and address or telephone number is available.
Providing prompt ticket refunds
We will issue refunds for eligible domestic and international tickets within 7 business days for credit card purchases and 20 business days for purchases made by cash or check. For refund assistance:
- Go to Caymanairways.com/Policy and Procedures/Refunds for refund information.
- Requests for refunds may be submitted to the Cayman Airways ticket office in Grand Cayman or your travel agent.
- Refunds for electronic tickets may be requested by calling Reservations Sales at 1-800-GCAYMAN (within the US), and 345-949-2311 (within the Caribbean)
- Refunds may be requested by mail at:
Cayman Airways Ltd
P.O. Box 10092
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Properly accommodating passengers with disabilities and other special needs, including during tarmac delays, Passengers with Disabilities and Other Special Needs
We offer special services to such passengers, including:
- Transportation to, from, and between gates, by wheelchair.
- Boarding assistance.
- Consideration of your needs during extended tarmac delays.
- Accommodation for certain medical requirements, such as use of an approved Portable Oxygen Concentrator, with proper notice, by calling1-800-422-9626 (within the US), and 345-949-2311 (within the Caribbean)
Children Traveling Alone
Our policies ensure the safety and well being of children traveling alone including:
- Taking good care of your child during his or her flight and not releasing a minor traveling alone to anyone other than the person you have designated.
- Providing unaccompanied passenger service for children ages 5 through 11. We are also happy to provide this service to children ages 12 through 17 traveling alone. (Fees apply for unaccompanied minor service.)
Meeting customers' essential needs during lengthy tarmac delays
We will provide full and timely information regarding the status of a flight if there is an extreme delay after you have boarded or after the plane has landed, and, if safety and security conditions allow, we will provide for your essential needs such as food, potable water, operable lavatory facilities, and access to medical treatment. For further information, see Cayman Airways’s Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays.
Handling "bumped" passengers with fairness and consistency in the case of oversales
We will inform you, upon your request, if the flight on which you are ticketed is overbooked. We also will provide information at airports about our policies and procedures for handling situations when all ticketed customers cannot be accommodated on a flight.
Our policies and procedures for treating you with fairness and consistency include:
- Notifying you of required check-in times through our reservations phone line and at Caymanairways.com.
- Letting you know, upon your request, if your flight is overbooked through Reservations Sales or our airport customer service representatives.
- Offering a transportation credit if you voluntarily give up your seat. These transportation credits can be used toward the purchase of another Cayman Airways ticket to the destination of your choice.
- Providing notice explaining our obligations and the compensation you will receive if you are involuntarily denied boarding.
- Rebooking you on the first available Cayman Airways flight to your ticketed destination if you are involuntarily denied boarding. (If a Cayman Airways flight is not available, we will strive to provide comparable accommodations on another airline that we have a ticketing agreement with.)
- Providing meal allowances, hotel accommodations at Cayman Airways-contracted facilities and ground transportation (if not provided by the hotel) if you are away from your home, are involuntarily bumped from a flight, and we are unable to accommodate you on an alternative flight on the same travel day.
Disclosing travel itinerary and other policies that affect your travel
We will provide you with your travel itinerary and timely and complete information about policies and procedures that affect your travel, including:
- Providing frequent flyer details.
- We will make all important rules, restrictions, and redemption information available on Caymanairways.com/ Loyalty Programs/Frequent Flyer.
- Providing aircraft configuration, and seat maps/ selection.
- We will provide aircraft configuration and seat maps on line at Caymanairways.com and seat selection through our reservation and airport agents
- Providing information concerning the terms and conditions applicable to your travel. Our Contract of Carriage is available for your review on Caymanairways.com.
- Providing cancellation policies.
Ensuring responsiveness to customer complaints
We will acknowledge receipt of written customer complaints within 30 days of their receipt, and will send a substantive response within 60 days of receiving the complaint. For information about filing a complaint, go to Contact Us.
Identifying the services Cayman Airways provides to mitigate passenger inconveniences resulting from cancellations and misconnects.
In order to mitigate inconveniences to you resulting from cancellations and misconnects, we will:
- Attempt to contact you, via contact information provided in your reservation about cancellations when the event is known more than three hours before departure.
- Provide meal allowances and hotel accommodations at Cayman Airways contracted facilities and ground transportation (if not provided by the hotel), based on availability, if you are inconvenienced overnight while away from your home or destination due to a delay, misconnect, or cancellation within Cayman Airways’ control.