General Terms and Conditions
- Membership and benefits in the Sir Turtle Rewards Programme (the "Programme") are offered at the discretion of Cayman Airways and Cayman Airways has the right to terminate the Programme or to change the terms and conditions, rules, regulations, policies and procedures ("STR Rules"), benefits, conditions of participation or mileage levels, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of the mileage or certificates already accumulated.
- At its sole discretion, Cayman Airways may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any award; increase the mileage, cash required or applicable co-pays required for any award; modify or regulate the transferability of awards or benefits; add an unlimited number of blackout dates; or limit the number of award seats available to any or all destinations. Members, in accumulating mileage, should not rely upon the continued availability of an award or award level, and members may not be able to obtain all offered awards or use awards to all destinations or on all flights
- Membership and participation in the Programme is subject to any STR Rules that Cayman Airways may, at its discretion, adopt from time to time. The terms of the STR Rules control your membership and participation in the Programme and no covenants at law or in equity shall be implied or incorporated. Cayman Airways has the sole right to interpret and apply the STR Rules. Any failure to follow STR Rules, Cayman Airways' contract of carriage, Cayman Airways' fare rules, any abuse of Programme privileges, any violation of law, rule or regulation, any conduct detrimental to the interests of Cayman Airways, any fraudulent activity or attempted fraudulent activity, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to Cayman Airways by any member, or anyone else acting on the member's behalf, may result in the termination by Cayman Airways of such member's membership, the loss or cancellation of accrued mileage, awards or benefits, or both, or the loss of other Programme benefits. Terminated members shall not be eligible to participate in any aspect of the Programme, and individuals whose accounts have been terminated shall not be eligible to enroll with new accounts.
- Cayman Airways reserves the right to audit any and all Programme accounts at any time to ensure compliance with the STR Rules, without notice to the Programme member. During the course of an audit or investigation a member's account information may be shared with any third party with whom Cayman Airways has contracted to assist in performing such audit or investigation. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies or possible violations, Cayman Airways may delay the processing of award redemption requests, cancel any outstanding award redemptions, withhold statements or suspend the Sir Turtle Rewards account of a member pending completion of the audit. While the account is suspended, the member may continue to accrue miles in the account, but no mileage redemptions or other transactions will be permitted and any outstanding award redemptions will be cancelled. Upon completion of the audit, if a discrepancy or violation has been determined by Cayman Airways, in addition to any other remedies described herein, mileage may be removed from the account of the member to remedy such discrepancy or violation with or without notice to the member.
- Each member is individually responsible for remaining informed as to the STR Rules and the amount of mileage in such member's account. Cayman Airways may attempt to advise active members of various matters of interest through such means as may be appropriate, such as newsletters and its website, but Cayman Airways shall have no liability for any failure to do so. Cayman Airways will not be responsible for correspondence lost or delayed in the mail. Each member shall be responsible for advising Cayman Airways of any change of address, and Cayman Airways shall have no liability for misdirected mail or any consequences thereof. The most current STR Rules may be found on www.caymanairways.com and this is the final authority on the STR Rules.
- The accumulation of mileage and the redemption of awards are subject to specific STR Rules enacted by Cayman Airways. Each member is responsible for reading those materials in order to understand such member's rights and responsibilities under the Programme. No mileage, benefits, or awards earned or granted under the Programme may be transferred or assigned except as expressly permitted by Cayman Airways in writing or under programs fully authorized and/or sponsored by Cayman Airways.
- The Sir Turtle Rewards Programme is maintained for the benefit and participation of individual or approved corporate ("Corporate") members only. Only individuals and Corporate entities are eligible for Sir Turtle Rewards membership, and each individual or Corporate entity member may maintain only one account in the Programme. Duplicate accounts in the Programme will be subject to cancellation and only the applicable credited mileage, excluding any enrollment or other bonus, will be transferred to any remaining account. Only one member may be enrolled per Programme account. Programme membership account numbers are nontransferable. Only the member named on the account will be entitled access to account information. Account information is Cayman Airways' proprietary information and members may access information only for the purpose of obtaining information about their account. No member may delegate or grant access (via power of attorney, contract, or otherwise) to a third party.
- Accrued mileage does not constitute property of the member and is not transferable other than as authorized and/or sponsored by Cayman Airways.
- Any Programme member who fails at any time to engage in account activity for a period of twenty-four (24) consecutive months is subject to termination of such member's membership and/or forfeiture of all accrued mileage as of the last day of the 24th month. Activity includes (without limitation) earning flight miles on Cayman Airways or earning miles with a Sir Turtle Rewards partner, redeeming miles for award travel, buying miles or transferring miles.
- "Account Activity" shall be deemed to occur when a member accrues mileage in their account in any manner as outlined and set forth in these STR Rules, or as otherwise approved by Cayman Airways, or when the member redeems any Sir Turtle Rewards award by the use of mileage in the member's account. In cases where mileage is for any reason removed from an account, as for example the redemption of an award, and there is a subsequent cancellation of the award or removal of miles and a return of the miles to the member's account, the cancellation of the award or removal and return of the mileage to the account shall not qualify as "Account Activity."
- Miles will be accrued in member's Sir Turtle Rewards account only through the means of accrual recognized under the Programme. Members may not accrue mileage for the utilization of services by anyone other than themselves, whether air transportation or otherwise, except to the extent that mileage may be earned for purchases made through authorized debit or credit cards or as expressly allowed under the applicable Sir Turtle Rewards partner's offer.
- Members booking by phone or at a Cayman Airways ticket office are required to provide member number to Booking Agent in order to ensure that accounts are credited for miles. Members should also provide member number at check-in.
- Members may be required to verify their identity when conducting certain transactions in writing, by phone or on the Internet for security or other purposes. A password may be required to make reservations, redeem miles, change address and other services. Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their password, as applicable. Cayman Airways is not responsible for stolen passwords and will not re-credit miles for redemptions using the member's password.
- Mileage can be accrued only after the member's official enrollment date, and can be applied only to the member's account.
- For air travel, mileage will be credited only for flights actually flown by the member. Such mileage will be credited in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Programme in effect at the time of travel, not at the time that air travel is purchased, booked or reserved. Mileage credit will not be awarded for flight cancellations. Cayman Airways expressly reserves the right to establish additional means of accruing mileage, to delete or modify any or all of the means currently recognized or to exclude specific types of transactions or tickets from the accumulation of mileage, in each case, with or without notice.
- Mileage for air travel may be accrued only for paid travel on regularly scheduled flights.
- If Cayman Airways improperly denies a member an accrual or benefit, liability will be limited to the equivalent of that accrual or benefit.
- Class-of-service bonus miles, if any, will be credited according to the fare paid, not the cabin flown, and will not be credited on any upgrade. For the avoidance of doubt, Airport upgrades on day of departure (purchased or complementary) do not qualify member for class-of-service bonus miles.
- Air mileage will not be credited for award travel, including tickets issued as Sir Turtle Rewards awards and tickets purchased using a combination of miles and money; on travel industry, sponsored or reduced tickets; or on consolidation tickets. In addition, some fares or tickets, at Cayman Airways' discretion, may be excluded from eligibility for mileage accrual.
- Unexpired miles in a deceased member’s account are not transferable.
- Only the member associated with the Sir Turtle Rewards account number used with partner transactions (see Partner Programmes) may receive mileage credit for partner services.
- Cayman Airways reserves the right to make bonus miles and promotional offers by Cayman Airways or Sir Turtle Rewards’ partners selectively available to certain members at any time, based on flight activity, geographic locations, Programme participation, or other factors determined at Cayman Airways' sole discretion.
- Cayman Airways will endeavor to credit members' accounts with accrued mileage. However, each member shall have the responsibility to ensure that such member's mileage is properly credited. Where a member contends that mileage has been earned but not credited, or in cases where Cayman Airways deems verification is required, Cayman Airways reserves the right to require proof of accrual from the member, including, but not limited to, copies of ticket coupons for flights claimed to have been flown or copies of receipts or similar documentation verifying any transactions claimed to have been performed. Any claims for mileage by the member and proof of accrual must be received by Cayman Airways within twelve (12) months after the date such mileage was claimed to be earned.
- Each member shall have the responsibility to notify Cayman Airways of any erroneous or fraudulent mileage deduction from such member's account within six (6) months of the date of the deduction. Cayman Airways will review such member's claim and reserves the right to require proof, documentation or certification from such member during the review. Crediting back to such member's account the miles claimed to be erroneously deducted will be determined by Cayman Airways in its sole discretion after review and Cayman Airways' decision will be considered final.
- Mileage accrued in a member's account shall be maintained in the account until it is redeemed for an award or until it expires, whichever occurs first.
- Mileage accrued shall only be subject to expiration on the last day of the twenty-four (24) months after the last account activity in the member's account. Activity includes earning miles by flying, earning miles by using a Sir Turtle Rewards credit card, redeeming miles for award travel. In cases where mileage is for any reason removed from an account, such as for the redemption of awards, and later returned, the return of the mileage to the account shall not count as account activity.
- The awards available to be redeemed and the amount of mileage necessary to redeem each award will be set by Cayman Airways and published to the members. Cayman Airways shall establish the process for award redemption, but redemption shall generally mean the exchange of mileage in a member's account for a specified award. Redemption of miles for travel may be conducted online or through the Cayman Airways Reservation offices at 345-949-2311 (Cayman/International) or 1-800-422-9626 (US toll-free).
- Awards may, at the request of the member, be issued by Sir Turtle Rewards in the name of the member or in the name and for the use of any other person. Such awards will be issued only after a member validates their account via password or other security measures that Cayman Airways has in place at the time of the award request. Award redemption issued by Cayman Airways’ Ticket Office or Reservations Department for individuals other than the member shall require written authorization from the member of such redemption.
- Mileage earned in two or more different accounts may not be combined to redeem any award.
- Travel on Sir Turtle Rewards award tickets will be subject to the tariff, contract of carriage, ticket terms, and re-accommodation policies of the Cayman Airways.
- After an award ticket is issued, a service charge may be imposed for each change requested by the member that necessitates the reissuance of the ticket.
- Award tickets may be subject to applicable departure taxes, federal inspection fees, passenger facility charges and other fees, charges or taxes, and the person utilizing the award is responsible for the payment of any such items that may apply.
- Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to Sir Turtle Rewards for a service charge prior to travel date only unless cancelled prior to departure. The mileage used to redeem the award will be credited to the member's account and be subject to expiration. Any return of mileage to the account shall not constitute account activity. Some award tickets may not be eligible for recredit of miles and members will be so informed.
- The award structure is subject to modification, cancellation or limitation at Cayman Airways' discretion, with or without notice. The amount of mileage required to redeem any award may be substantially increased, any award may be withdrawn, and restrictions on any award or its redemption may be imposed at any time.
- The accumulation of mileage does not entitle Programme members to any vested rights with respect to any awards or the Programme. Awards for air travel shall be valid only to destinations served both at the time of the issuance of the award ticket and at the time of departure, and Cayman Airways shall not be liable for schedule changes that result in the cancellation of service to any destination. If a member fails to comply with any published award rules for air travel, at Cayman Airways' sole discretion, such member may be accommodated on a different flight than originally selected, seated in a lower class of service, denied ticketing or boarding, or be subject to other action as provided herein, and such member will not be entitled to compensation in connection with any such action.
- Upgrades will not be allowed on special promotional accommodations, rentals or tickets; industry discounts; consolidation tickets; group rates or special promotional rates.
Unauthorized Selling or Trading of Miles/Awards
- The sale or barter (or attempted sale or barter) of any mileage, awards or benefits other than as authorized by Cayman Airways is strictly prohibited. The use of award tickets that have been acquired by purchase, barter or other conduct are in violation of these STR Rules and may result in termination of membership, cancellation of accrued mileage, awards or benefits, confiscation of the tickets, denied boarding for the ticket holder, and, at Cayman Airways’ discretion, completion of the travel only upon payment of the applicable fare.
- The Sir Turtle Rewards Programme "partners" include credit cards, businesses or other entities who offer products or services as awards in the Programme and who permit the accrual of mileage to members who utilize their products or services. The partners are independent entities, and Cayman Airways is not responsible for the nature or quality of products or services provided by those partners, nor for any solicitation efforts by those partners. Mileage accrual offered to Programme members for utilizing a partner's product or service can vary based upon the type of membership and details on specific partner offers are as published.
- Cayman Airways shall have no liability for partner withdrawals from the Programme or for award changes or cancellations caused by partner withdrawals, discontinued Cayman Airways or partner service, or award or mileage accrual cancellations for any other reason. Cayman Airways may change the amount of mileage required for partner offers or awards or impose other restrictions upon the use of partner offers or awards, with or without notice.