Cayman Airways has been monitoring the projected path of Hurricane Irma, and the following changes to our flight operations have become necessary:
- The following flights to/from Miami on Friday September 8, 2017 have been cancelled: KX106 and KX107
- All flights between the Cayman Islands and Miami on Saturday September 9, 2017 have been cancelled. This includes flights KX102, KX123, KX104, KX105, KX106, and KX107
- All flights between the Cayman Islands and Miami on Sunday September 10, 2017 have been cancelled. This includes flights KX102, KX103, KX104, KX105, KX106, and KX107
- All flights to/from Tampa on Sunday September 10, 2017 have been cancelled. These flights include KX200 and KX201
- All flights to/from Havana on Sunday September 10, 2017 have been cancelled. These flights include KX832 and KX833
- The following flights to/from Miami on Monday September 11, 2017 have been cancelled: KX102 and KX103
Cayman Airways Reservations agents are in the process of contacting all affected passengers for rescheduling. All other Cayman Airways flights are expected to operate as scheduled, but the public will be updated if any further schedule changes become necessary.
- Special evacuation fares of US$69 each way between the Cayman Islands and Tampa or Miami have been added to supersede previously issued hurricane fares. Travel with this US$69 fare must be completed by September 17. This special fare has no change-fee penalties, and includes the standard 2 free checked bags up to 55lbs. Applicable government and airport taxes & fees are additional. There is no add-on for travel to/from the Sister Islands with this special fare.
- As announced on Tuesday September 5, 2017, change fees are continuing to be waived for passengers who wish to cancel their flight reservations for travel between the Cayman Islands and Miami, Tampa, and Havana. The waiver applies to those passengers who are holding ticketed reservations made on or before September 5, 2017 for travel between September 5-12, 2017. Travel for changed flight segments may be rebooked for a date up to six months from the original travel dates, or within 12 months of the original purchase date, whichever is sooner. Refunds are not allowed on non-refundable tickets.
For more information, customers can call Cayman Airways Reservations on 345-949-2311 or 1-800-422-9626 (toll free within the USA). Details about Cayman Airways’ Hurricane Protection Policy can be found on the Cayman Airways website: https://www.caymanairways.com/hurricane-protection-policy